Roasted veggies are one of my favorite ways to bring out the variety of flavors in many different vegetables. It’s one that my mother (now passed) would make all the time, and she showed me how to make it. This one is a variation of another one of my roast veggies. Visit the end of this post to see the other roasted vegetable side dish recipes on this blog!
- What are the benefits of roasting vegetables?
- What ingredients are in roasted sweet potato, squash, and parsnip recipe?
- How to make this roasted sweet potato, squash, and parsnip recipe?
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Delicata Squash, and Parsnip Recipe Card
- Below are oven-pan recipes for roasted vegetables that are also wonderful.
What are the benefits of roasting vegetables?
There are excellent reasons to roast vegetables, and below are just a few of the reasons.
- Roasted veggies will maintain their fiber and vitamins and minerals for fighting disease if you cook them at 400-450 degrees.
- Vegetables that are roasted will taste more sweet. It creates a caramelized taste which is more appealing to children and picky eaters.
Now, let's get to the recipe! Shall we?
What ingredients are in roasted sweet potato, squash, and parsnip recipe?
3 Sweet Potatoes or Yams
1 lb parsnips
2 small delicata squashes
½ onion chopped
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon ground
1 /2 teaspoon allspice ground
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
How to make this roasted sweet potato, squash, and parsnip recipe?
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
For the sweet potatoes: Wash and peel the sweet potato. Cut in half longways. Then, cut them into ½ inch pieces. Set aside.
For the parsnip: Wash and peel the turnips. Then, cut them longways into half-moons. And cut them into ½ inch pieces. Set aside.
For the Delicata Squash: Wash the squash. Then, cut longways in half. Remove the seeds from the inside. Cut the squashes into ½ inch slices. Set aside.
For the Onion: Chop the onion into pieces. Set aside.
Place the sweet potatoes, parsnip, delicata squash, and onion in a large bowl. Add the olive oil. Stir the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and pepper together. Then sprinkle on top and stir.
Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for a few hours. This helps the flavors adhere to the vegetables.
On two baking sheets, spread out the vegetable so they will crisp up. The more space around the vegetable, the more it will be likely to get roasted and brown.
Add the baking sheets to the preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes and check it. Turn over the vegetables and add another 7-10 minutes until the vegetables are brown.
Here is the finished dish. Doesn’t it look amazing? It is super delicious.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through and decide to make a purchase.