Looking for a great weeknight dinner recipe can be hard when you are on a Keto diet. This one is one I created that I made quickly. It took me less than 30 minutes and it was delicious. Why wouldn't it be when you add butter and cream to it? Right? I had ground beef I didn't need for another recipe so I thought, what can I do with this? Burgers are super easy to make with ground beef so I decided to make sliders since I only had 1 pound of it. The recipe could make eight sliders if you really want to measure it out but I was just estimating. Let me show you how to make it.
Yummy Italian Sausage Sliders Keto style
Keto Italian Sausage Sliders with Zucchini and Cream Sauce Recipe Ingredients:
1 LB ground pork sausage mild with no skin
2 teaspoon granulated garlic
3 zucchini quartered
½ - ¾ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon parsley
2 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoon European salted butter
2 tablespoon romano cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Keto Italian Sausage Sliders with Zucchini and Cream Sauce Recipe instructions:
- Cut zucchini long ways in half then again in quarters (the short way). Toss with half of the granulated garlic, basil, parsley, mix well. Set aside.
- Place pork sausage ground in a bowl. Add half of the granulated garlic, basil, parsley and mix well. Form the meat into 2 inch small sliders. It makes 7.
- Heat the skillet, add the coconut oil.
- When hot but not smoking, add the sliders to the skillet. I used a nonstick skillet so it doesn't burn. Cover and Cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn halfway through. It should be brown on the first side.
- Add butter, seasoned zucchini mixture, romano cheese, and cream, cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes until the zucchini gets bright green and the cream sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Let sit for a few minutes then serve and enjoy.
What do you think? I really liked it. It was super easy to make. I even liked it the next day for lunch. I figured that each person could have one slider each so I made the printable recipe that way. But, realistically, 2-3 per person is probably more accurate. So, this recipe probably feeds a family of 2-3. Visit our other keto diet recipes.
Would you make this recipe? Let me know if you want to try it or if you have already. Please leave a comment or questions in the comment section below.