With a busy mom schedule, over the years, I have perfected the "Tidy Up Fast" Method. When my family sees me do this, they often mention that it looks like I am a tornado taking out all the clutter from a room. It's quite a scene. This method will give you a home that is not only organized by also clear of clutter. There is no confusion trying to find items in overflowing drawers with the misplaced items when you tidied up last.
Here is how to set up your home, so the Tidy Up Fast Method runs more smoothly and quickly.
First, the process starts out with organizing the room, so everything has a home. The toys have a bin large enough to store all the toys, the mail has a container to hold bills and other mail, and a charging station which can hold all the electronics, etc... Then, you will need to add a "temporary holding items" bin on the steps or near the exit of the room for found items. Having one container for each person in your house works best. Make sure every small thing has a home.
After you get the room set up, you then move around the room and clear the items (plates, cups, kids' toys, mail, bills, electronics) that were not put away. Look under tables, on top of entertainment centers, inside cabinets, and behind sofas and chairs. If it has a home and it is not in its home, grab it and put it away. No thinking, "where does this item go?" You already know because you took the time, in the beginning, to make a place for this item.
Which room and when should you do this Tidy Up Fast Method? Here are three times in your day you can do this.
- Do the Tidy Up Fast Method in the Living Room and Bedroom before leaving for work in the morning.
- Do the Tidy Up Fast Method in the Kitchen before going to work and after dinner.
- Do the Tidy Up Fast Method in the kids' areas, before your kids come home from school or right after if they have papers to give to you.
This method should take less than 15 minutes each weekday. If you do this method during the week, it will save you time on the weekend to do other tasks.
Doing this simple method every day will keep your room organized, and you will never have a disorganized space again. No need to do significant organizing transformations anymore. The reason for doing this method is mainly to clear the clutter BEFORE the piles form vast, unruly time-sucking mounds of clutter. Please share and let me know if you tried this method and how it went for you.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.
- Yummy Curry Chicken Salad Recipe (120,215)
- Places To Donate Jewelry You Do Not Want (77,152)
- 18 Positive Mantra Sayings to Keep You on the… (44,675)
- This Year's Recycling Locations and Shredder Events (41,409)
- 13 Ways to Make Your Bedroom An Oasis (40,263)
- Incredibly Easy Tips for Organizing An Older Adult's Home (36,478)