This fun and easy Angel Food Cake and Berries with Lemon Vanilla Whipped Cream recipe is great for a quick sweet treat. And pretty low in calories too. It makes a large amount and can be made ahead of time and shared with a small gathering. Here's how I made it.
1 bunch of Blueberries
1 bunch of Strawberries
1 1/2 cup Heavy cream, cold
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract (GF if desired)
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 Angel food bundt cake (from the store or homemade)
- Using the Microplane, grate the skin of the lemon. Set aside.
- Clean the blueberries, set aside to dry on a paper towel.
- Clean the strawberries and cut off stems and cut into thin slices. Set aside to dry on a paper towel.
- Cut the Angel food bundt cake into cubes.
- Add heaving cream, sugar, and vanilla to the mixer. Start the mixer on low and work your way up to high. Let go for a few minutes until it just gets stuff. Then add the lemon rind for a few seconds more.
- Start with the Angel food cubes and then place the strawberries and blueberries on top. Then add a dollop of lemon whip cream to the top.
Enjoy. I hope you try this simple dessert for a weeknight surprise. Your family will love it.
Here is the recipe if you want to print it.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.