Muffin recipes are great for a quick and comforting addition to your morning breakfast. My favorite is ones that are dairy free. Here is one where I used coconut milk instead of regular milk. They are so delicious that I was only able to free 6 of the 18 muffins because the kids and my hubby really loved them. Try them and see if you can freeze all eighteen.
Dairy Free Banana Walnut Muffin - Freezer Friendly
1 Egg scrambled
1 cup coconut milk (whole)
3 ripe bananas - mashed
¼ cup Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups flour
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- To a separate bowl: Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- To a large bowl: Egg, then coconut milk, mashed bananas, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry a little bit at a time to the wet ingredients. Mix as you go.
- Then add the walnuts and mix into the batter.
- Spray the muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Using a larger ice cream scooper, add batter to each of the muffin openings. You should make about 18 muffins.
- Then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- To freeze: Allow to cool completely, then wrap in plastic wrap individually and place in a Gallon freezer bag.
- To reheat: From the freezer, remove the plastic wrap and place on a microwaveable plate and microwave for 15-30 seconds or until heated through.
Here is the final delicious muffin with no diary. woo hoo!
Here's the video:
For your convenience, here is the printable recipe:
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.