Whenever my bananas are ripe, I like to make different dessert dishes. This one was my favorite so far. Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Muffin. My son had friends over, so I decided to make this one as an alternative to brownies. It was delicious, and they were all gone.
Note: since this is gluten-free, it will make only 12 cupcakes. You also may have a little more left. You can distribute the amount in the different cupcakes or discard it.
3-4 ripe Bananas
½ cup Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups of Gluten-free All Purpose Flour (I used the Wegmans brand)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup of Walnut
¼ - ½ cup of Coconut (unsweetened)
1 tablespoon Flax seed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Then mix bananas first break them up until mashed. Then add egg, oil, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl mix flour and baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Then, mix on low, walnut, coconut, and flax seed.
Add cupcake liners to one tray.
Use a larger ice scooper and scoop out enough to fill a cupcake area ¾ full.
Place in oven and cook for 25 to 40 minutes.
Take out and remove from the pan and let cool completely.
Here is the recipe to print:
Gluten Free Banana Walnut Muffin
- 4 ripe Bananas
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups of Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup of Walnut
- ¼ - ½ cup of Coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Then mix bananas first break them up until mashed. Then add egg, oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Then, mix on low, walnut, coconut, and flaxseed.
- Add cupcake liners to one tray.
- Use a larger ice scooper and scoop out enough to fill a cupcake area ¾ full.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 to 40 minutes.
- Take out and remove from the pan and let cool completely.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.
These sound delicious! Do you think regular flour could be used if gluten is not a problem for anyone who will be eating them?
Yes, definitely! You can substitute 1 for 1 with flour. Thanks for stopping by.
Awesome! I've added it to my recipe app.