I send my dearest friends and family members holiday cards each year to wish them, extra love, this time of year. I appreciate that personal touch and I bet they do too. It’s so much more valuable than a Merry Christmas post on Facebook. It makes me feel loved. And, if someone writes something especially for me in the card, it’s even more meaningful.
So, when these holiday cards come in, I want to honor them at least during the season. But, where to put them? There are so many ways to display the cards. Here are the 15-holiday card organization ideas I used in the past and may use in the future.
15 Greeting Cards Organization Ideas
- Hang them from a garland with clothespins. This is what I have done the last few years. Check out the picture below.
- A display on the entertainment center.
- Tape to your wall as a border around your family room.
- Place them on the tree with hooks.
- Tape on the back of the front door.
- Make a wall Christmas tree with holiday cards.
- Tape to a fireplace mantel far away from the fire.
- A display on a wreath with a clothespin.
- A display on a wireframe for ornament hooks that have clips.
- Display on a colored 2-inch wide ribbon and hang on the back of a door.
- A display on the staircase railing with tape.
- A display on picture frame holders if they are really special and sturdy.
- Tape to a mirror frame in the main hall.
- Hang on kitchen cabinet doors to decorate your kitchen for the holidays.
- Hang from a clothesline with clothespins on the inside of the front window.
The clips I used are clothes pins with felt ornament shapes in front of them. So cute. I picked them up at the end of the season a few years ago. This garland has plastic links that keep it together. The clothespins attach nicely to it and can hold the card at the same time.
What to do after the holidays with these cards? I’m glad you asked. Here are some suggestions.
- Make a card book. Hole punch the cards into a small 6 x 9 binder and tab each year.
- Make a collage by cutting out your favorite part of the card and gluing them to a scrapbook page. Then, you can frame it each year for everyone to enjoy throughout the year or just create a scrapbook of all the different collage cards.
- Make the card photos into Christmas ornaments. Check out what I made with my photo images from family and friends.
Feel free to visit our new Christmas Tree Greeting Card DIY project below. It was fun to make and super easy.
I hope this inspired you to share cards with others and display them with honor in your own home.
Feel free to visit these other holiday card organization ideas posts.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.