Are you a big fan of black beans and rice? We are! This week’s recipe is a modification of black beans and rice recipe. I added tomatoes to it and modified the seasoning. While is not spicy, it still is delicious. And, if you never had rice and tomato sauce, you are missing out! This recipe is so good. We ate it for dinner and lunch the next day.
Italian Black Beans and Rice
3 cloves of Garlic minced
1/8 tsp of Red pepper flakes
4 cups of bone broth (or chicken broth)
1 1/2 cup of uncooked Brown rice
1 Onion chopped
1 large can (32 oz) of Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Basil
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 tsp Oregano
2 cans (15 oz) of Black beans
- Place the garlic and red pepper flakes in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the black beans and mix well.
- Cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or until rice is done.
- Then, add the black beans and cook for another 1/2 hour.
- Serve with grated parmesan or romano cheese. Eat warm. Enjoy!
Below is the “Italian Black Beans and Rice Slow Cooker” printable recipe if you want to print it.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.