This month’s organizing challenge is to go through your pantry. This is where you may have food that was hidden and lost behind other larger items. So, this month is the time to go through and purge and organize the same.
Pantries come in different sizes and different shapes. So, whatever size you have, these tips will help you organize your pantry.
- Start by purging your space. Get rid of any expired foods. Donate to a food pantry food that is not expired.
- Go and group like items.
- Measure how large the piles are to help decide what section the group will fit in your pantry.
- Then, go and place the grouped items in the best possible section of your pantry. If you need to buy organizing supplies, do that at this point.
That’s it. Below are links to help you tackle this organizing project
Here are links to posts I have already written about organizing your pantry. Check them out.
- 20 Pantry Organizing Tips
- What to Keep in Your Pantry after you have purged.
- If you have an actual standard door, you can use the door for pantry items as well. Here are items that can be hung behind the door of your pantry.
- How to organize your spices and herbs? Included in the post is a complete spice and herb inventory checklist when you have other areas that you need to inventory together.
Here is a checklist to share with your friends and family.
However, you go about organizing your pantry, be sure that like items are with like items and heavy items near the floor.
What is your favorite tip for your pantry? Please share your comments below. Good luck on your pantry organizing.