Easy one-pan roasted recipes are delicious meals for the entire family and easy to make by the home cook. Try this Chicken Breast with Mushrooms and Brussel sprouts recipe. This One Sheet Pan Recipe is an easy-to-make recipe you can make tonight for dinner.
Chicken Breast with Mushroom Brussels Sprouts Recipe Ingredients
These ingredients are super easy to find and prep. Try prepping them in the morning and dumping them into the lined baking sheet to roast when ready to make dinner. Note: you will need a sheet pan and parchment paper to roast this meal.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb mushroom sliced
- 1 lb carrots cleaned and sliced
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions for Chicken Breast Recipe
Below are the instructions to help you make this easy chicken breast with mushrooms and brussel sprouts recipe.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Then, peel and cut the carrots longways and into half moons. Place on a parchment paper baking sheet.
Clean and cut the brussel sprouts into quarters and place them on the baking sheet. If they are larger pieces, make them about the size of the other pieces for even cooking.
Clean and cut the mushrooms into slices and place them on the baking sheet. Making sure that all the vegetables are in a single layer.
Add garlic, salt, and pepper to the vegetables and toss on the baking sheet.
Cut the chicken breasts into half pieces. Add olive oil, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper to the chicken. Transfer chicken to the baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken breast is finished by checking it with a meat thermometer to 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the vegetables are softened and golden brown.
Here is the finished Chicken Breast with Mushroom Brussels Sprouts Recipe dish. The recipe makes dinner for a family of six or four with leftovers for lunch the next day. It's a delicious family favorite!
You can make some substitutions with this Chicken Breast with Mushrooms and Brussels sprouts recipe.
- Tangy - you can add lemon juice to the recipe. Also, add a few thin pieces of lemon slices on top of the chicken when serving.
- Vegetarian - Remove the chicken and replace it with your favorite meat substitute. It will probably reduce the cooking time to about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove garlic - Try to substitute 1-2 tablespoon Italian seasoning instead.
Feel free to change up this recipe! Below are some variations you can do.
- Spicy - add red pepper flakes to the chicken and vegetables.
- Chicken thighs - replace the chicken breast with boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Turkey Breast - You can replace the chicken breast with turkey breast.
- Extra flavor - Add one red onion sliced into the dish.
- Extra sweetness - add 3-4 sweet potatoes peeled and sliced, and toss in the seasoning.
- Add starch - add a tablespoon of butter and white rice or brown rice to this cooked recipe.
- Chicken Tenders - you can replace the chicken breast with chicken tenders but cut the cooking time to 20-30 minutes.
This recipe is a roasting dish that should be placed in the oven. Because of the high temperature, the pan should be able to handle the heat. Below are baking sheets I found on Amazon(affiliate) that can handle 425 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures.
Once cooked, it will store well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. I don't recommend freezing this cooked recipe.