I went to college in the southern tier of New York and had several friends from the Buffalo area. I friend, in particular, shared with me how to make actual Buffalo Wings. She even took me to her hometown to enjoy them. So, I am going to share with you my version of this recipe. One, because I make it Dairy Free, and two because it is so easy to do for a weeknight meal.
The kids and my hubby enjoy it so much that I usually make it in the winter time baked in the oven. It warms up the house and is great to temporarily relieve our stuffy noses. Let’s begin.
Keep in mind, if you do not want it to be Dairy Free just add butter to the recipe in the same measurements as the vegan spread. Feel free to add more Red Hot
2-3 lb wings (cut into two pieces and discard the tip)
4 TBSP Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread (Vegan Spread)
1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot
2 TBSP Rotisserie Chicken seasoning (I used McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning)
Celery and dipping (DF) optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place uncooked wings in a large bowl or baggie and add seasoning. Toss to coat the wings.
3. Place the wings on a nonstick or nonstick spray cookie sheet.
4. Put the cookie sheet in a preheated oven. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Turn over at the 30-minute mark and add to the oven again. Cook for the remaining time.
5. While in the oven, add Frank’s Red Hot and vegan butter spread to a microwavable bowl. Cover with a paper towel and cook in the microwave 1 – 2 minutes. The paper towel helps to control the mess so be sure to use it.
6. When the wings are done, add to a large bowl and add the mixed sauce. Mix to coat the wings.
7. Let sit for 10 minutes or so until you can hold it in your hand.
8. Enjoy and serve with celery and dip if you wish.
Here’s the final picture of the wings.
If you want to print the recipe, here’s a printable copy.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.