This week's recipe is for the gluten and dairy-free people. It is difficult to find gluten-free and dairy-free recipes without having to substitute dairy alternatives. And, if you want to find a dessert, that is even a bigger feat. I recently was inspired to make a coffee cake-like recipe called "Vanilla Coconut Walnut Coffee Cake." For people who are on a Keto diet, you can also make this recipe because it uses no sugar. When baking in the KETO way, I prefer monk fruit sweetener for sugar. You can find this in your local grocery store these days. It's super easy to make. Just place all the items in a mixer and pour into a greased 9 x 9 glass dish.
GF DF Vanilla Coconut Walnut Coffee Cake Recipe Ingredients:
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs mixed
1/2 cups stevia Chocolate Chips (mini)
1/4 cups coconut flakes (and a tablespoon or so for the top of the cake)
1 tsp dried ground cinnamon
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup of coconut milk
1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
1 TBSP Vanilla
GF DF Vanilla Coconut Walnut Coffee Cake Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease glass 9 x 9 pan. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients, start with the 2 eggs, Monk Fruit, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Then, add the almond flour, coconut flakes, cinnamon, baking soda until mixed,
- Then, mix for two minutes on high.
- Add chocolate chips minis until mixed.
- Pour into the greased glass dish for baking.
- Sprinkle a small amount of coconut flakes on top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
Below is the printable recipe for your convenience.
What do you think? Would you make this? It was moist, and there was little after taste. I made the serving sizes about 2 inches by 2 inches or so to make twelve pieces total. Feel free to share with others that may be interested. If you tried it, please leave a comment and rank it in the recipe printable above.
Visit these other recipes I found online that share Keto Style Coffee Cake recipes: