August's organizing challenge is book organization. It's a great time to go through your books before school starts. Below is a list of different types of books that you can review throughout the month to get organized.
- Go through textbooks and get rid of the ones that are too old and outdated.
- Cookbooks - Click to read about how to hide cookbooks that are out in your kitchen.
- Reference books and get rid any outdated reference books that you don't want to keep.
- Outdated Phonebooks - we all get them and sometimes forget to get rid of the old ones.
- Self-help books - review any self-help books and donate the ones that you don't want.
- Business books - if you have business books, go through them and decide if you want them.
- Scrapbooks - if you plan to finish your scrapbook, make time to do it.
- Technology manuals and books - review and remove any books or manuals that you do not need any longer.
- Fiction and Non-fiction books - review your leisure reading books.
- Kids books - Remove books that your kids do not read any longer.
- Do each book type once a day every few days.
- After you purge the books you don't want, here is a post about how to organize your books.
- If you want to sell some of your books after you purge them, here is a post with links on sites to sell books and other things.
- If you want to donate your books, here are donation sites.
Good luck on your book organization challenge for this month. Please leave a message below and let us know who you do.