Eating the Keto diet made me revamp many of my weeknight recipes. Here’s one I modified from a turkey meatloaf recipe I often make. If you are looking for a non-Keto meatloaf recipe, check out my Italian Meatloaf post.
Using dark meat in a meatloaf gives you more fat and helps the turkey stay juicy. I added bacon to this Keto Turkey Meatloaf recipe to add even more flavor and fat. I tend to enjoy using the Italian flavorings in my meatloaf maybe because I am Italian and these flavors remind me of my youth. You can use different herbs if you want.
Keto Turkey Meatloaf Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey dark meat if possible
1/2 cup of grated romano cheese
1/2 cup of mozzarella shredded
1 TBSP granulated garlic
1 TBSP dried parsley
1 TBSP dried basil
1 TBSP oregano dried
1/2 cup almond flour or more if too wet
1 pack of sugar-free bacon
2 TBSP sliced black olives
Salt and pepper to taste
Keto Turkey Meatloaf Instructions:
1. Add all ingredients but the bacon together and mix well. Form into a loaf and set aside. Wash your hands.
2. On a lined cookie sheet, make the bacon into a Lattice pattern. Watch this video from the Food Network on how to do it.
3. Add the formed loaf in the lattice and then wrap the bacon around the sides and top of the turkey loaf. See the image below to view how I did it. I wrapped it around and then added an extra piece to finish off the bottom because my bacon didn’t reach all the way around.
4. Turn over the lattice and loaf and place on the lined cookie sheet. I like to use a plastic cutting board we use for cutting meat. It looks like this one from Amazon. Feel free to click through and buy. (affiliate)
5. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
6. Let rest on the baking sheet for 15 – 20 minutes. It’s normal for the mozzarella to have spread on the parchment paper.
Here is the finished dish. If the cheese melts on to the cookie sheet, that’s OK. Be sure to watch it, so it doesn’t burn. Using parchment paper on your cookie sheet will help it not to adhere to the sheet.
If you want to print this recipe, here you go.
Here are other keto style meatloaf recipes for you to try.