There are many tasks that we need to do each month. Bill paying is a very important task. In this What to Keep in Your Bill Paying Station post, I have compiled a list of various items you will need for your bill paying station.
- Stapler – to help with stapling bills together or check stubs to invoices.
- Calculator – to use to confirm amounts on invoice or generate your balances in your paper register.
- Paper Recycling bin, Trash can, and Shredder – for quick throw away of unnecessary items.
- Pens and a holder for them – to write any notes.
- Pre-printed checks or handwritten checks – to pay your bills.
- A computer if you use Quicken or other register software.
- Envelopes if you need it to mail any bills.
- Return address labels and Postage stamps to mail your paid bills.
- A paid stamp with date to stamp on paid invoices from vendors if you do not have check stubs. If you have check stubs, staple the stub to your invoice.
- In box or “Bill to Pay” folder for “Bills to be paid” invoices – place only the bills to be paid in this place.
- Filing cabinet for Paid Bills – it should be placed near your workstation. Use hanging folders with general topics, like utilities, mortgage, credit cards, etc… Use manila folders for the specific name of the particular bill company. At the end of the year, remove the manila folder and add new ones for the current year.
Here is an image you can share and print.
If you do your bills online, be sure to create a list of all log in and password information and store it in a safe place. You can keep the “confirmation” page from your e-payments in a folder on your computer for each particular vendor or place the emails in one folder marked “paid invoices” if you do not have too many vendors.
By setting up your bill paying station, you will know where everything is when you need to sit down and do your bills. I hope this list helps you setup your bill paying station. Let me know how you setup your bill paying station.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.