June’s monthly organizing challenge is garage organizing. Your assignment is to clear out the garage of unnecessary clutter collected. I know the garage is not fun. It motivate yourself, make it your goal to park your car in your garage. This way, you get a reward after the project is done. Come on, you can do it. I know you can.
Here are some examples of areas to clear clutter in your garage.
- Clear out the garage of any items that need to go to charity and bring directly to the charity of your choice. Hopefully, you created a charitable donation list like I mentioned on a previous weekly organizing challenge. Click here to get the Charitable Donation List.
- Go through your children’s summer play toys.
- Install tall shelving.
- Install ceiling storage if needed.
- Clear out your freezer or fridge, if you have an extra one in the garage.
- Go through shoes that may be stored in your garage.
- Clear out the cobwebs on the walls.
- Patch up holes on your walls and then paint the walls.
- Patch up and paint the concrete floor.
- Return the bikes to their home on the bike racks.
- Return all sports equipment to their homes.
- Sweep out the garage.
Here are some examples of products to buy to help clear the clutter.
- Bike racks
- Sports balls holders for kids sports
- Tall open shelving
- Large colored totes
- Broom holders mounted to the wall
Garage organizing helps your home stay organized because, as we all know, the garage holds all the items that we don’t want in the house. So, if we have it organized, we will know what needs to go and what needs a home and it won’t be a dumping ground for anything and everything. How did the project go? Were you able to fit your car in your garage? Leave a comment below.