Did you ever get a gift that you just didn't think was practical but felt obligated to keep it? Sabrina's Organizing Practical Gift Ideas series helps you find the right useful gifts for all occasions. Visit our collection of posts here. This installment is all about practical baby shower gift ideas to the momma and the daddy-to-be in your life. Feel free to stick around and get inspired. Let's begin.
Giving practical baby shower gifts to a grateful mom and dad will help them make the transition to parenthood more enjoyable and less stressful. We will be sharing gift options to create the perfect practical baby shower gift. Ask yourself these questions to determine what is the best gift for the mom and dad:
3 Questions to Ask to Decide What Baby Shower Gift to Buy
- Does the mom/dad have an organized baby’s room? If the baby’s room is disorganized, buying stuff that will help them organize the small stuff will give them the motivation to finish organizing the room.
- Are the mom and dad dealing with any situations with the pregnancy? If the mom is on bed rest or has other issues, find out what the issue is, then research that issue before buying a gift.
- Is the mom a stay at home mom or a working mom? The needs are different for these moms so knowing this will help you figure out what they may need. If mom works a lot and the baby will be in daycare, she may need more portable toys. If the baby is home all the time, the larger interactive toys may be an option.
Asking these questions will help you determine the type of gift you could purchase for this mom.
Now that you have reviewed these questions and have some ideas on how you want to help the momma-to-be, let’s share the baby shower gift ideas to help you get inspired. Note: These links are from Amazon.com. If you choose to purchase these items on Amazon, I will receive a small referral fee at no additional cost to you. Happy Shopping!
5 Practical Baby Shower Gift Ideas
Playtime baby gift ideas:
Playtime is essential to all baby's, especially in their first year. Here are some examples of gift ideas from Amazon (affiliate).
- Cardboard baby books
- Learning Centers
Baby’s room organizing gift ideas:
Giving the gift of baby room organization products will give the mom-to-be the freedom to relax and just be with the baby. You can buy a great reusable bin and add small items in them for a quick and easy baby shower gift. Below are examples of some baby's room organizing items from Amazon (affiliate).
- Bins for drawers
- Closet Bins
- Bins for closet shelves
- Laundry baskets
- Dirty diaper holder
- Kid size hangers
Feel free to visit Baby Room Organizing post for more tips.
Taking care of baby gift ideas:
Now let's take care of the baby! Newborns have just gone through a major trauma when giving birth so we want them to feel safe and relax. Finding various gifts that will help them relax is helpful. Here are some I found from Amazon.com (affiliate).
- Sound Sleep machines
- Swaddle blankets or wraps for baby
- A baby diaper bag with lots of pockets
- Bibs for baby
- Lotions for baby
- Teething rings
Nursery care kit with brush, nail clippers
Taking care of mom and dad gifts:
Mom and dad need some pampering too, you know. Finding an item that will help the new parents relax and enjoy the moment is a great gift option. Here are some gift idea suggestions.
- Relaxation essential oils or sprays to help mom and dad calm quickly.
- Ointments to help the breastfeeding mom.
- Lotions for mom.
- Baby Monitor so mom and dad can get a good rest.
Visit our 10 FABULOUS STRESS RELIEF GIFT IDEAS FOR LOVED ONES IN YOUR LIFE for additional inspiration.
On-the-go mom and dad gift ideas:
Not all new moms can say home for some time after the baby is born. Some have to return to work right away. These gifts will help them transition to on-the-go mom and dad easier. Here are some examples from Amazon.com (affiliate).
- Portable mats
- Car organizers
- Breast pump for mom with storage bags
- Disposable baby bottles and reusable food bags
- Bottlebrush for baby bottles
For even more ideas, check out these posts to get inspired to give a wonderfully practical gift.
Gathering these practical gifts together and creating a beautiful gift basket is an art form. Here are some posts I found that show you how to make creative gift baskets for the practical baby shower gifts.
Creative Ways to Make Gift Baskets
If you are planning on buying small items for the mom-to-be, instead of just placing all the little stuff in a bag, try making a theme out of the gift items. Creating a collection of small gift items into a themed basket gives the wow factor to these gifts.
I hope this post inspired you to take action and buy that special gift. Any mommy/daddy will love these useful gifts to help them enjoy their time with their baby with minimal stress. What is your favorite gift for the mom-to-be? Please share it in the comment section.