****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
This month's organizing challenge is kitchen organizing. Whether you have a large or small kitchen, organization is essential to save you time and money in this well-used space. To make your kitchen run more smoothly, you must create zones. This challenge will share all the zones you probably will need to start to make your kitchen well organized.
There are lots of zones you can create. Make up your title for each zone - get your family's assistance. This will remind them of what goes on in the different zones. If you can't think of any zone names, here are possible zones you will need in your kitchen.
Before organizing each zone, you must purge any unwanted, underutilized products and food. Be sure to check small appliances, tea towels, utensils , etc...
The Complete List of Kitchen Zones
- Prep Food - where you cut the food.
- Cleaning - where you clean the dishes.
- Baking - where you set up for baking.
- Cooking - where you cook your food.
- Presentation - where you plate your food on platters .
- Command Center - where you store your papers from school, bills, etc...
- Beverage area - where you store and make your coffee, tea, etc...
- Eating area - where you eat your food.
If you are looking for some other organizing tips to help you organize while you do the kitchen challenge, check out these kitchen posts below so you can go through them to make your kitchen more organized and functional for every member of your family. I briefly describe what each post is about. Feel free to click and read other posts to help you get inspired. Don't forget to share with your friends and family.
- 12 – 15 Minute Projects Will Keep Your Kitchen Organized: This post lists 12 things you can do to keep your kitchen organized.
- Organizing a Kitchen: This post is from a client consultation that I did in two hours. See the transformation.
- 20 Kitchen Organizing Tips: This post lists 20 kitchen organizing tips to help you get your kitchen organized.
Tips to Maximize Your kitchen space:
- 7 Ways to Maximize Wasted Space in Kitchen: This post is about ways to maximize your space in your kitchen.
- Custom Drawer Dividers – The Best Way to Make Drawers More Functional: This post is about dividers, and I use them for every kitchen I work on. They are the best, and you can maximize your drawer space.
- Adding Storage to Kitchen: This post is about how I maximized wasted space in my kitchen some years ago.
More Kitchen Challenges
If you are looking for more kitchen challenges for particular areas of the kitchen, check out the posts below to help you!
Let me know how you do with your kitchen organizing challenge this month. Leave a message below.