****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
Do you have tasks that are not done yet? Do you know what they are? Do you have them written down? This month's organizing challenge is to go through and compile lists of tasks.
Benefits of writing lists:
- Creates accountability - You now have to be accountable for the to-dos on the list.
- Creates order and helps create priorities - You can then rearrange the order of the tasks to make the process go even quicker.
- Helps with recalling what needs to be done - You can post the list and refer to it each weekend when you do your chores. For seasonal to do lists , you can re-use the list each year.
How to make a to do list:
- Determine what the to do list purpose is: Is your list for a trip? Is your list for a home project? Is it for project at work? Read this post about what to do before you make a checklist.
- Then go and start writing. If you don't know the order yet, try using index cards and writing down one task on each index card.
- Then sort it in order by priority. Ask yourself this question? What needs to be done first? Second? Third?
Samples of lists:
Here are posts that have FREE printable checklists you can use to create your own list.
Ways to Reduce Stress In Your Life
How to Make a Beverage Station
Winterizing Your Home
Dorm room organizing
Clearing Your Digital Clutter
Organizing Your Holiday Traditions
I hope this helps you achieve your goals for this month's organizing challenge. Let me know what list you created by leaving a message below. Do you have any additional to do lists I didn't mention above? Leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.