Organizing closets is this month's organizing challenge. Going through closets periodically helps keep our space manageable and functional. Lucky for you, I have lots of posts about organizing closets with tips and checklists. I have broken them down into categories for you. Enjoy and good luck.
General Organizing Closets Tips:
- Take out everything from the closet.
- Clean off the dust.
- Then, put back only the things you absolutely use and want to keep.
- Use bins for small items to keep them contained.
- Group items by like categories to create a system in your closet.
- Make signs for the bags of items you don't want. One bag for each of your favorite Charitable Donation Locations and one bag or two for giving away stuff to family and friends.
By clearing the storage closets in our home, we will not only have more space, but we will also know what is in them. We have busy lives and sometimes we forget what we own and store in our closets. So, periodically clearing them out helps us keep the content in our closets at the forefront of our minds. Good luck, Let me know how it goes.