Getting ready for your first college year is an exciting and emotional time. You not only have to go to school in a new place but, if you are like 67% of college students*, you also have to live on campus. “Where do you begin?” You might say. Lucky for you, before you go shopping, I found lots of great organizing gadgets you can purchase through Amazon.com right now. Since I found lots of organizing college dorm room supplies, I will be splitting the list into two posts.
Organizing College Dorm Room – Part 1
- BEDSIDE STORAGE CADDY: This can store lots of easy to use items, especially if you don’t have an end table near your bed. Click on the image below to purchase from Amazon.
- BED LIFTS: This gives you more storage under your bed so you can store your luggage or other under the bed storage bins. There are even bed lifts with AC Outlets and USB Chargers, you can get this through Bed, Bath and Beyond. NOTE: several colleges have dorms that have beds that are raised so check your dorm layout to see if you need to buy these items. Click on the image below to purchase from Amazon.
- 6 SHELF SWEATER ORGANIZER: This is great for sweaters and shoes. Click on the image below to purchase from Amazon.
- JEWELRY ORGANIZER: This one hangs over the door and can hold lots of different pieces. Click on the image below to purchase from Amazon.
- DOUBLE HANG CLOSET ROD FOR CLOSET: This adds additional hanging space at the bottom of your closet. Click on the image below to purchase from Amazon.
- POP UP HAMPER: This one has a packet for detergent. It will stand up even when it is empty. Make sure the mess is sturdy and can withstand at least 2-3 loads of laundry. Mom’s not doing your laundry anymore so you need to schedule time for laundry duty. Click on the image below to purchase from Amazon.
- 6 OUTLET SURGE PROTECTOR WALL MOUNT: Let’s face it, you can never have too many outlets. Click on the image below to purchase from Amazon.
By keeping your dorm room organized, it will not only help you with your school work but also help you with your day-to-day life. On the next post, I will give you lots more organizing gadgets I found for dorm room organizing.
What type of items do you plan on bringing to school? Leave a comment below.
Reminder: These items are visual suggestions for organizing items for a college dorm room. If you wish to purchase them from Amazon or any other store, you take full responsibility for these items. If you have an issue with any of these items, please contact the store where you purchased the item.